Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
"AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH" PUZZLE RING......
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:
1. ANY COLORFUL LOOKING SMALL PIECE PUZZLE FROM THE $1.00 STORE.
2. JEWELRY WIRE.
3. BLANK RING FROM JOANN'S OR MICHAELS
4. HOT GLUE GUN
5. DIMENTIONAL MODGE PODGE.
1. FIRST YOU WILL PICK 4 SMALL PUZZLE PIECES OF CHOICE FROM YOUR PUZZLE.
2. LAY THEM OUT FIRST BEFORE YOU GLUE TOGETHER SO YOU CAN GET A IDEA OF THE LOOK YOU WANT. IN THIS ONE PICTURED ABOVE I JUST ALTERNATED THEM OPPOSITE WAYS....
3. ONCE YOU GET THE LOOK YOU WANT... REMEMBER... UNSTACK AND TAKE YOUR GLUE GUN AND GLUE IN THE SHAPE THAT YOU WANTED.
4. NEXT CUT ABOUT 2 INCHES IN YOUR JEWELRY WIRE AND TAKE JEWELRY TOOL OR SCISSORS TO THE VERY END OF WIRE AND JUST TWIRL IN UNTIL YOU HAVE A SWIRL CIRCLE. "SET ASIDE FOR NOW"
5. NOW YOU WILL TAKE YOUR GLUED DIMENTIONAL MODGE PODGE AND GLAZE ALL OVER YOUR PUZZLE PIECES TO GIVE THEM THAT DIMENTIONAL LOOK. LET DRY FOR ABOUT A HOUR... IT WILL STILL BE NOT COMPLETELY DRY SO PICK UP FROM SIDES IF YOU PICK UP.
6. TAKE YOUR SWIRLED WIRE AND A LITTLE DAB OF YOUR GLUE GUN AND ATTACH TO THE TOP OF PUZZLE.... ONCE ATTACHED YOU WILL PUT A LITTLE MORE DIMENTIONAL MODGE PODGE OVER THAT SWIRL... BETWEEN THE GLUE AND MODGE PODGE THE WIRE WILL REMAIN IN PLACE.
7. ONCE RING IS 100% DRY YOU CAN HOT GLUE YOUR PUZZLE TOP TO YOUR RING BASE AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!! YOUR SUPPORT FOR AUTISM RING!!!
THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG!!!!
Saturday, March 9, 2013
So I was doing a Craft show and another Crafter approached me and told me about this awesome website to design your own fabric called Spoonflower.com. http://www.spoonflower.com She said it was a great website to design my own tags for the insides of my bags and is was super reasonable!!! Well as you can see I have a little addiction... I downloaded pics of my boys, drawings my boys did and also my labels to cut up and sew in my bags! If you did not already know about this incredible website you have to check it out! Not only can you design fabric, you can design wallpaper and wall clings!!!
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Dr. Seuss T-shirt Necklace Scarf! (Cute for Teacher's on Dr. Seuss Week March 4-8th!
1. AT LEAST 2 T-SHIRTS... I USED 3.
2. FABRIC CUTTER
3. CUTTING BOARD
4. CUTTING RULER
1. TAKE T-SHIRT AND LAY ON CUTTING BOARD. TAKE YOUR CUTTING RULER AND FABRIC CUTTER AND START AT BOTTOM OF T-SHIRT AND START CUTTING STRIPS IN 1 INCH.
HOW TO MAKE:
YOU WILL CUT A TOTAL OF 11 OF THESE. Your choice EACH COLORS!
2. YOU WILL THEN STRETCH THEM TO LOOK LIKE THE PICURE ABOVE.
3. NEXT TAKE STRETCHED 1 INCH T AND PUT BETEEN BOTH WRISTS AND TWIST AND LOOP. TO MAKE MORE CLEAR YOU ARE WRAPPING AROUND WRIST LIKE YOU WOULD A RUBBER BAND UNTIL FITS TIGHT LIKE A BRACELET. PIC BELOW.
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR 11 BRACELETS YOU WILL CUT MORE STRIPS TO TIE AND CONNECT EACH ONE TOGETHER. I USUALLY DOUBLE NOT AND THEN CUT THE ENDS OF TIES AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE JUST TO LEAVE A LITTLE COLOR FROM THE TIES.
BEFORE ADDING FLOWER ON THE SCARF. I SEWED A BUTTON IN MIDDLE OF FLOWER AND MODGE PODGED LOGO AND THEN USED DIMENTIONAL MODGE PODGE OVER THAT. THEN YOU WILL HOT GLUE FLOWER ON THE SCARF.
WHEN FINISHED WITH ALL OF THESE IT SHOULD LIKE LIKE PIC BELOW.
IF YOU LIKE THIS STYLE BELOW
THIS ONE YOU WILL NEED 5 STRIPS OF T'SHIRT.
STRETCH AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
THE FIRST 4 YOU WILL MAKE INTO FIGURE 8 AND COMBINED ALL TOGETHER.
TAKE 5TH ONE AND WRAP AROUND SIDE TO SECURE SCARF.
NEXT APPLY FLOWER EXACT WAY AS LAST SCARF.