Tutorial on Dr. Seuss Charm book image bracelet for under $5.00.
1. Dr. Seuss Images. Order images from Etsy.com for $3.50.
2. Old Gift Cards or Hotel Keys
3. Charm Bracelet Chain. Bought at Joann Fabrics for $1.29.
7. Paper Glaze/ Bought at Michaels
8. Rings for the charms to attach to charm bracelet
9. A Pin
Forgot to add picture of boxcutter! LOL
1. I order the 1inch scrabble images from Etsy.com. Just go to Etsy and type this into search. They cost me $3.50 for the images. I saw this bracelet for $37.50 on Etsy! Why do that when you can make for less then $5.00? LOL! When you pay for images, they will be emailed to you with in 24 hours.
2. Once images were downloaded and printed, i cut the images out that I was going to use.
3. Then instead of using scrabble pieces, I cut up old Giftcards & Hotel Keys the size of images, just by tracing them.
4. Once cut, I then took a box cutter and put the cutter where I wanted to put the hold for the rings and pushed down and turned the giftcard in a circle to make the hole.
5.Once complete, I used a total of 21 images, so 21 pieces of giftcard. I then took the first image and placed onto 1 inch gift card piece and took a pin and poked through the image to match hold on giftcard. Also trimmed up giftcard if needed to completely match up with image.
6. So now before attaching image, I used sandpaper to smooth up the images of the giftcard pieces for each one.
7. Now once that is complete, you will begin putting the images on using modgepode both underneath and on top of image. Once those are all dry you will do the same to the other side. I put the the book image on oneside and and picture image on the other.
8. Now once that is complete you will use paper glaze on each one to give it the 3D look. You can use the modge Podge stuff to, i just used the paper glaze from Michaels.
9. Then again after dry you will do other side! Once complete I stuck a pin through the tine hole I had made earlier so I could then put the rings through.
10. I bought the charm bracelet at Joann Fabric for $1.29. Super cute and then added the charms to the bracelet. You can trim up any areas if needed and will not hurt the charms.
I am going to give this to my son's Teacher on March 2 for Dr. Seuss's Birthday. I also went to Target, because they have the books this week 2/$20 and i found printoffs on Pinterest. I am going to make a gift basket for the kids to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day!
Super Cute Fashion Tote made from fabric scraps!