Friday, May 4, 2012

Teacher Appreciation "Thank You For Helping Me Grow" Necklace Tutorial


Items you will need:
-Scissors
-Choice of Cardstock Pattern paper
-Modge Podge
-Dementional Magic Modge Podge
-Small charm of choice with flat back
-E6000, Sorry not shown in my pic. of Supplies
-Round Metal Pendant.  I bought mine at Joann Fabric's in the Jewelery section on clearance for $1.97.  It is just Silver with a pattern which as you can see is covered now.
-Jump ring
-Sponge Brush, again sorry not in pic.
-Chain of choice.  Bought mine from Michaels.
-Sharpie Fine Point Marker Pen
-First I chose a pattern in my cardstock collection. 
-Then I traced my round pendant on the cardstock.
-Before cutting circle out, I used my sharpie to write my saying all the way around the circle. "Thank you for helping me grow"
-Then I cut the circle out and put a layer of modge podge onto my pendant.
-I then put my circle of cardstock on the pendant and carefully rubbed my fingers accross and around the edges.
-Next I put another layer of modge podge over the cardstock.
-Once dry I carefully start in the middle with my Dementional glaze and work my way to the outside.
-Once this is completely dry, I used the E6000 to glue my charm in the middle.
-When completely dry, I added a Jump Ring and then put on chain and then you have your awesome Teacher's Gift!!!!
Thanks for checking out my blog!  Hope you liked.  If you make one please let me know how it turned out!!!!  I am really excited for my son to give this to his teacher!!!

Another Item I will be posting a tutorial for is this Teacher Bracelet! The front is charms spelling out Teacher with each letter meaning and the back spells out the Teacher's name!  Super cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment